Combines excellent thermal properties & solar control - ideal for conservatories
PLANITHERM 4S is a new concept glass for conservatories that has both high performance low-e properties but also solar control.
Use of PLANITHERM 4S throughout a conservatory maximises the chances of being cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
The PLANITHERM range of products consists of:
- PLANITHERM TOTAL+ - ideal for North facing elevations to capture the most of the sun's heat
- PLANITHERM ONE - Ideal for south facing elevations or large bi-fold doors
- PLANITHERM 4S - Ideal for conservatories
- PLANITHERM ULTRA N - Ideal for commercial buildings
PLANITHERM 4S has been designed for external use in conservatory or sunroom roofs and sidewalls.
PLANITHERM 4S supplied by Glassolutions offers a number of key benefits that clearly differentiate it from other low-E products and suppliers.
Sealed unit manufacturers
- Enables manufacturers to offer customers the very best performing multi-functional glazing for conservatory roofs and sidewalls.
- The PLANITHERM 4S coating is highly durable and easy to process helping to ensure the highest levels of quality of finished units.
- A British-made product with full range availability from national, regional and local Glassolutions branch & customers, in a range of sizes and supported by nationwide availability of toughened product.
- PLANITHERM 4S is part of a family of products each specifically engineered to deliver maximum performance for the relevant market – whether that’s domestic home improvement, new build or commercial.
- Glassolutions offers its manufacturing customers comprehensive technical, operational and marketing support – including access to the PLANITHERM Installer Network
Conservatory fabricators / installers
- Exceptional thermal insulation performance through very low centre pane u-values (1.0W/m2K in double glazed format and 0.5W/m2K in triple glazed format) while retaining advanced neutral aesthetics.
- Offers good levels of solar control for sidewalls and enhances solar control performance to the highest possible levels when combined with an exclusive solar control glass in the roof
- Reduced condensation on the inner pane of glass.
End-users / clients
- Enhances comfort all year round by reflecting the sun in summer and keeping heat in a conservatory in winter.
- Considerable reductions in heating and cooling bills.
- Eliminates cold areas around windows.
- Significantly reduced condensation on the inner pane.
|Application||Sealed unit configuration||Heat reflection||Glare reduction||U-values||Reduced condensation||Naturally self-cleaning|
|Outer pane||Inner pane|
|Roofs||BIOCLEAN + SOLAR CONTROL AQUA||PLANITHERM 4S||79%||68%||1.0 (W/m2K)||Y||Y|
|Roofs||BIOCLEAN + SOLAR CONTROL NATURA||PLANITHERM 4S||70%||62%||1.0 (W/m2K)||Y||Y|
|Roofs||BIOCLEAN AZURA||PLANITHERM 4S||68%||52%||1.0 (W/m2K)||Y||Y|
|Roofs||BIOCLEAN SOLARA||PLANITHERM 4S||66%||57%||1.0 (W/m2K)||Y||Y|
|Sidewalls||PLANITHERM 4S||PLANICLEAR||66%||34%||1.0 (W/m2K)||Y||N|
Planitherm 4s is ideal for a conservatory, if you would like to know more about our conservatory range please see our conservatory glass brochure.
PLANITHERM 4S must always be assembled into a double or triple glazed unit. The coating is generally placed on face 3 of the unit in a roof and face 2 of a unit for sidewalls. Appearance may vary slightly, so it is important to maintain consistent coating positioning throughout a particular façade.
See handling guidelines brochure for more details