SGG ANTELIO solar control glass is manufactured by an online coating process
Metallic oxides are applied onto PLANICLEAR clear glass or PARSOL body-tinted glass during the manufacture of the glass on the float line. The coating is fused by pyrolysis, which gives it a number of properties:
- Total integration with the surface of the glass
- Strength and stability over time, so the coating can be positioned on the outer face (face 1) or the inner face (face 2) of the glass
- Solar control properties and a reflective appearance
Four different variations are available:
- ANTELIO CLEAR on PLANICLEAR clear glass 5mm, 6mm, 8mm, 10mm
- ANTELIO SILVER on PLANICLEAR clear glass 6mm, 8mm, 10mm
Typical applications would include offices and commercial buildings, schools and industrial buildings and apartment blocks.
ANTELIO glass can be used in most types of façade:
- Windows in traditional façades
- Curtain walling
- Exterior structural sealant glazing
- Exterior glass bolted assemblies
The benefits of ANTELIO are numerous:
- Reduces solar heat gain: savings in air conditioning.
- High light transmittance: good natural lighting of internal areas.
- Many design options for architects: increased architectural creativity using curved, enamelled or screen-printed ANTELIO.
- Uniform appearance of facades: using the same ANTELIO enamelled in spandrel panels gives a uniform appearance between vision and non-vision areas.
All the products can be used in facades, with the coating on face 1 or face 2:
- On face 1, the facade has a more reflective and uniform appearance producing true and vibrant reflections of the surrounding environment.
- On face 2, its appearance and reflection is generally softer and the colour of the base glass is more apparent and accentuates the features of the facade.
Glazing for opaque spandrel areas:
The overall impression of a fully glazed façade depends on the co-ordination of the vision area glazing and the spandrel area glazing. The external appearance of a glazed façade is also influenced by weather conditions, the orientation of the façade and the angle of observation, the local surroundings etc.
Given the range of options and product combinations that are possible, please contact us to discuss your requirements and for the associated performance figures. Alternatively, you can review the performance figures in the Knowledge Centre, using the Calumen tool.
The glass can be toughened, heat-strengthened and heat soak tested without altering the appearance or performance of the glass. It can also be laminated (with the coating to the outer face of the laminated glass, unless otherwise approved by our technical department), edgeworked, drilled, enamelled/screen-printed (non-coated side) and curved.
Although the main function of ANTELIO is solar control, after processing it may also be incorporated into a single or double-glazed unit for multifunctional glazing. The coating does not need to be edge-deleted.
Installation position: the positioning of the coating on either face 1 or face 2 of the sealed unit is determined by the performance and appearance required (see Range and Performance section). Coating on face 2 is recommended in areas where: there is a high level of atmospheric pollution; when ANTELIO is exposed to water running off non-waterproofed concrete; when ANTELIO is used in overhead glazing.
ANTELIO glass must be installed in accordance with general installation recommendations and current national regulations. It can be installed in exterior glass bolted assemblies and exterior structural glazing.
Processors and installers must check in advance that all glazing mastics and sealants used are compatible with the coating. This includes assembly into double-glazed units, standard installation or use in exterior structural sealant glazing.